State-Of-The-Art, High Performance Sorbent And Filter Media
- Produced from recycled synthetic fibers – Utilizing state-of-the-art technology, these materials are blended and processed into a lightweight fiber mass with enormous surface area and interstitial spaces creating a high performance sorbent and filter media.
- Designed for use as a durable long lasting geo-textile and filter media.
- Allows large volumes of water to pass through while sorbing liquid hydrocarbons, including petroleum, animal and vegetable oils.
- Cost effective — absorbs an average of 20 times its own weight of liquid hydrocarbons.
- Great for use in oil / water separators, stormwater and wastewater filtration systems and water “polishing” applications.
SSI-X-Tex is a new and unique lipophilic media with a multitude of potential environmental applications.
SSI-X-Tex is produced from recycled synthetic fibers. Utilizing state-of-the-art technology, these fibers are blended and processed into a lightweight fiber mass with enormous surface area and interstitial spaces creating a high performance sorbent and filter media*. Our fiber blend is also utilized in our Ultra-X-Tex Rolled Fabric, designed for use as a durable long lasting geo-textile and filter media.
- Because of SSI-X-Tex’s selective affinity for lipophilic (“oil attracting”) it is very efficient in removing hydrocarbons from water.
- SSI-X-Tex excels as a spill removal media capable of sorbing liquid hydrocarbons, including petroleum, animal and vegetable oils onto its vast fiber mass surfaces and into process-created interstitial spaces.
- When used as a filter medium, water passes freely, while adsorption of target hydrocarbons begins on contact. Ultra-X-Tex is extremely efficient due to the enormous lipophilic surface area of the altered fibers.
- SSI-X-Tex works well as a fibrous supporting matrix for other water conditioning materials such as selective zeolites, activated carbon, zero-valent iron filings, etc. Ultra-X-Tex can be ‘conditioned’ to remove specific chemical compounds.
- SSI-X-Tex is cost effective in comparison to many conventional filtering media, adsorbing/absorbing an average of 20 times its own weight of liquid hydrocarbons.
- Approximately 85-90 % of sorbed oils can be reclaimed from Ultra-X-Tex and the media reused.
- In bench-scale testing, SSI-X-Tex has shown promising results in filtering out emulsified oils and hydrocarbons out of a water stream. This characteristic creates opportunities for the use of Ultra-X-Tex in oil/water separation applications and other hydrocarbon filter projects.
- SSI-X-Tex forms into cohesive mats or “wads” which can easily conform to various applications or filter devices.
- SSI-X-Tex is environmentally benign and user-friendly. It does not leach harmful substances into the environment and when incinerated produces minimal residue or ash.
Choose either the exceptional SSI-X-Tex Bulk Fibers or our high performance SSI-X-Tex Rolled Fabric for the same stellar performance and results
|Report on Ultra-X-Tex|
|Ultra-X-Tex And Its Uses|
U.S. Patent No. 6,632,501